Midcoast Maine Indivisible Meeting Minutes, 5-24-17, 6:30-8 pm, Watts Hall, Thomaston
The next meeting of Midcoast Maine Indivisible will be on Wednesday, June 7 at 6:30 pm in Watts Hall, Thomaston. Meeting highlights from May 24 are as follows:
- We voted to cosponsor the Portland March for Truth, June 3 from 3-5 pm at Portland City Hall. See https://www.facebook.com/events/135011227044397/ for details. Be there and bring a friend!
- We need new members of the press/external relations team. If you are interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Breakwater Action group has formed with 10 members in leadership.
Many thanks to Nadine, who has secured the harbor park/breakwater area for July 8, which also happens to be the day right after the Great Schooner Race, so attention will be fixed on the area. We will need to recruit boats to be in the harbor and take photos/video. The subject of action will be the warming of Penobscot Bay in particular and global warming in general.
- The Die-In Action group will hold an action on June 10 in Rockland in the park in front of the Rite Aid with tombstones, caskets, health care gowns and maybe even a skeleton.
- The Symposium Action group has renamed itself into a Panel action group, with emphasis on narrowing focus and narrowing participation.
- The Town Hall group is continuing activity, with discussions being held regarding an event they can’t talk about publicly yet (ask a friend!).
- The Russia group requests that you call your representatives to pressure the Treasury Department to release FINCEN treasury crime data for Trump-related material. Also, the group asks you to call representatives to push for an independent commission regarding the Trump/Russia investigation.
- The Immigration group reported that an invigorating youth panel, “Immigration by the Numbers,” was happening at the same time and Nadine was present as an ambassador from Indivisible. Also, the group reports that local law enforcement contacted about LD 366 (the bill to require law enforcement to act as indirect immigration enforcement agents). In addition, the group is organizing a sanctuary church effort and will be updating us about this at the next meeting.